Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Return of the BLOG!

Guess who's back. I decided I would restart my blog!

Well we are making another offer on the same house! We totally want it. The sellers are a little challenged. I don't think they know what's going on with the market right now. Their realtors called me and said that they should be greatful someone wants to buy their house right now! So, on Tuesday we are making a new offer. I hope they finally accept it. We need a house before the baby comes! I seriously can't wait to get her room all together. And let me tell you being married to an artist is soooo great :) I already know what mural I am having him paint on her wall! It is going to be awesome. Plus, I found super cute wooden letters for her name that were hand painted. But, they wanted about 130.00 for her name. I found plain ones online & then I am just going to have Mike paint them like the ones at the store. Seriously, how convenient is it to be married to a painter? Lennon had better appreciate it! hahaaa
I just tried to find the font online, but I cannot find it. You will just have to wait & see the finished product.

I think this weekend we will refinish the dresser I got for her. It was Mike's Grandmas. I think it's form the 30's or 40's. It has rounded edges that I love! I just don't know what color to paint it for sure? I guess white to match all her other things. But I definitely want to get some cute handles for it. Any suggestions on where to go? I am new to the whole child decorating thing!

2 comments:

Craig and Jessica Smith said...

Yeah I am so glad you are starting the blog over. I will add you to my links. I'm glad you changed your name because I don't want people to think you are a b_ _ _ _ _! We have baseball games all weekend, so nothing really out of the ordinary. I would say paint her dresser white definitely. That way it will be used forever. As for the handles, I saw some cute hardware at Target. Also, I'm sure Home Depot and Lowe's probably have good ones. I'll talk to you soon. Love ya

emily said...

Starr, there is this great place on 33rd south and 23rd east, they have tons of hardware. They have a bunch of great funky fun stuff, I think it is fun to mix and match. You will know that you are at the right place if it looks like they are having a garage sale out front, but I promise it is a gold mine inside. It has been a while since I have been there, but last time I was there it was FABULOUS!! Good Luck, I totally love decorating for the baby's room, that is so fun, and with a new house that is so great.