Saturday, December 29, 2007

our baby is here!

Lennon Rae was born on December 19th at 12:22 am. She weighed 6 lbs. 15 oz and is 20 inches long. I went in to be induced at 1:30 pm on the 18th, after waiting around all morning thinking they were going to say it was to late. They finally called and we got there @ 2:00. Dr. Terry came in and broke my water at about 2:30 & then they started the pitocin at 3:00. I was having good contractions that were about 3 minutes apart, but I was only dilated to a 3... The Dr. said that she was looking up at the ceiling so it was slowing it down. The contractions got super strong and I decided I wanted the epidural around 7:00, which is pretty good I think! The Dr. came and gave it to me & about 30 minutes later I was telling Mike it's not working. Only my but was numb, so I could still feel every contraction. I was saying if this is how it works what is the point of an epidural?! So the Dr. came back and just put more medicine in the same IV. That still didn't work. Finally he came back saying this never happens and he would have to give me another epidural. I didn't even care, I just wanted him to hurry up and do it! That finally kicked in & next thing I knew I was dilated to a 5. The next check a 7 and then next time a 10. Dr. Terry came back in and about 20 minutes later Lennon was born! She has tons of black curly hair which was surprising! She is so cute... here she is.





3 comments:

Craig and Jessica Smith said...

I love the pictures! I especially love the first one where she is looking at you! She is so stinking cute and such a good baby! We love her!

Trevor and Brooke said...

Congrats! If epidurals work, they really are amazing. She is beautiful. Hope all is going well.

Marcus, Angie & Bug said...

yay! congratulations! hope you are having a lot of fun with her! I can't even remember what its like having a brand new baby...well they sleep a lot more...that would be soo nice right now! shes sooo cute!! and i love her room!