Wednesday, February 11, 2009

What's for dinner?



I'm going to start posting recipes. I don't care if you don't want to see what I eat (Chelsea), the fact is that a good portion of my life is spent cooking so I am sharing recipes & pics of our dinner. You should all do the same so we can get new things to make too.

QUICHE! (we like to call it quee chay)

I thought I hated this, but actually love it! Plus it's a great way to sneak vegetables into your dinner. I always put brocolli, peppers and mushrooms in it.

6 eggs
Ready made Pilsbury pie crust (or you can make your own if you have time)
sour cream
cheese - we like pepper jack
red, yellow & orange peppers
mushrooms
broccoli
PAPRIKA!

Saute broc, peps, and shrooms in butter until soft
Whisk eggs with a little sour cream (you can omit the sour cream if you want), stir in cheese (how ever much you want)
Place crust in bottom of sprayed pie dish
Pour vegetables on to crust
cover with egg and cheese mixture
sprinkle entire quiche with paprika. This makes the quiche sooo yummy and makes a red crust on the top

Bake @ 375 for about 40-50 minutes.

Add a side veggi and voila, easy and so yummy. Plus it makes a great breakfast the next day. I also garnish with avocado and fresh tomatoes.

enjoy!

9 comments:

The Nelsons said...

Yumm...I will add some to my blog soon...when Trevor cooks something good!

Humanist mom said...

What makes you think I don't want to see what you are eating?

Stacey said...

Yeah! Post recipes everyday. I love posting mine because you can easily make them vegetarian.

Marcus, Angie & Bug said...

cool, that's a good idea to share...especially since i have become so boring with what we eat lately. i will post more if i ever make something worth sharing (grilled cheese happens way too often! ) your quiche looked good!

freddybizniss said...

beautiful presentation, the dish looks ramsey-worthy. i love the drizzles over the spargus and the colors are poppin on the quiche. It sounds totally yum too, avos + maters on top!!!! Wow!

jamie said...

yum. i want to eat it.

fancy ham said...

yummy starr. the freshies on top add the best touch!

fancy ham said...

i miss you guys tonight

Stacey said...

You hate the jeans?! No! I'm still waiting for the UPS man to drop mine off. I got the darker wash though. They can't make an ass look fat if you don't have an ass, so I think you're lying. You can show me on ichat! And spanakopita is something you and Mike would like...it's' phyllo dough stuffed with feta and spinach. REALLY GOOD!