Tuesday, October 21, 2008

the touch ups that never were

Once upon a time we purchased our house. It was exactly a year ago. We had the best of intentions on remodeling it and moving in quickly. I was seven months pregnant. Long story short, I didn't feel like painting. Mike and my sis, and a few other volunteers here and there, ended up painting a 2300 sq. foot home.
Needless to say after 12 months of living here, the touch ups are not complete! I want to do them, I just never get around to it. There is a baby to play with and laundry to do and a bathroom to clean and dishes to wash and bottles to make.
My goal is to complete the touch ups before Lennon turns one! I hope this is a goal I can reach.... I will keep you posted on the progress.

5 comments:

brie said...

good luck, s! we're moving this week, we're hoping to be in our house by next monday. this weekend is going to be full of painting and ripping out carpet...but i have a feeling that we're going to be living in yucky dusty chaos for awhile. though, hopefully, it won't be for a year...:)

fancy ham said...

You can do it yes you can! If you can't do it then Lennon will when she is ten.

The Nelsons said...

I suffer from the same problem, except we have been living in our house for 2 years... I have been asking myself lately why is that I have the best intentions to do something and I start out good but I can never follow through and finish! It is driving me crazy lately. Good luck. We should motivate each other to finish our painting!

Stacey said...

I don't even work and I have little projects that have been put aside. I think it was easier when our kids just laid there and we didn't have to chase them around.

Marcus, Angie & Bug said...

that's exactly what we were thinking when we moved in our old house 2 years ago....well we still have a very long way to go, but if you can get all yours done in a couple months that's awesome! and show more pics of your house so we can get ideas of what to do with ours