Monday, September 24, 2007

root canal hell

It all started with a routine root canal. Since I'm pregnant I could not get the laughing gas. They tried to numb my tooth, but lucky for me it was the hardest tooth in your mouth to numb! When they started drilling they had to switch to Plan B to numb me. They had to give me a shot directly into my tooth! That was a fun thing! It immediately made my heart start racing & I felt like I had just ran a marathon. I had to sit up for 10 minutes while my heart slowed down.

Ok so the root canal is complete. I am home recovering and all seems to be going pretty good. Except the side they worked on I keep happening to bite down on and it is horrible pain. I am very careful while chewing on the other side & never try to bite down on the bad side, but it just keeps happening. I figure out that they have not shaved it down right so it is perfect that whenever I bite I bite down right on the sore tooth.

It wasn't that bad this weekend, I thought maybe this is just a really sore root canal that will take longer to heal. But then I woke up this morning & my mouth & jaw hurt soooo bad. I was planning to go in there anyway to have them grind it down better. When I got there the assistant touched my tooth to feel where it was higher and I burst into tears! I have never been in so much mouth pain in my life! It is awful. So I hope that this does the job. If it still hurts on Thursday I have to go back in and make sure all is going well, but believe me I will! I am not going through another weekend like that.

3 comments:

Justin said...

Ouch!! I hope you feel better soon!

I think I am going to go floss twice when I get home.

Craig and Jessica Smith said...

That sucks! I am so sorry. I hate tooth problems. Hey, it gets worse right after you have the baby. It seems like they suck all of the enamel off of your teeth and make you have more probs. Hey, could you please email me all of the addresses of the people you are inviting. We are having the shower on Wed. October 17 at 6:30. I will talk to you soon.

emily said...

I agree with Jess, worst pain ever? I think not! You haven't had a baby YET!!! Good luck with that, by the way.